Coronavirus update from AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
March 19, 2020
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime’s main priorities are the patients we serve and the team members who work to provide important and life-saving medications to them. Following is an update from AllianceRx Walgreens Prime pertaining to coronavirus (COVID-19):
Protecting our team members and patients
• We continue to implement steps to protect our patients and team members as the virus has become more widespread. We encourage everyone to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We also encourage our patients and team members to contact their health care provider if they think they have been exposed to COVID-19.
• We have developed a patient web page to access important information on COVID-19, as well as tips for accessing their needed medications.
• All team members who can work from home are being asked to do so. For team members who are required to be on site to dispense and ship prescriptions, our facilities team is taking all possible steps to prevent the potential spread of the virus.
• Non-essential travel has been eliminated.
Working with payers and other partners to supply medications
• To help ensure our patients have continued access to needed medications, we are working with our payer clients to align on refill restrictions like dynamic prior authorizations and advanced refills on specialty prescriptions.
• We continue to work with drug manufacturers and partners to assure that we can meet the medication needs of our patients. We use multiple vendors and manufacturers to supply medication which helps reduce risks of shortages. The manufacturers for the top 20 prescriptions for specialty pharmacy are reporting no issues at this time, and we maintain a sufficient inventory of medicine that would be delivered via home delivery.
• We are prepared should COVID-19 impact our patient services. As a national healthcare company with pharmacies located throughout the U.S., we currently anticipate that medication delivery will not be disrupted. We are working closely with our national carriers to prevent any disruption in delivering medications to patients.
Encouraging patients to order 90-day refill
• Based on a patient’s insurance coverage and prescription status, ordering a prescription through home delivery to get a 90-day supply is quick, easy and shipping is free. Patients may order by visiting alliancerxwp.com/home-delivery. For specialty pharmacy, please visit alliancerxwp.com/specialty-pharmacy.
• We encourage patients to go online for fast and easy access. Register for an account today.
Supporting the CDC
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime has made a donation of $25,000 to the CDC Foundation’s Emergency Response Fund to support the overall COVID-19 response. We urge our patients, team members and others in our communities to refer to the CDC for the latest information on COVID-19, including how to prevent the spread of the virus and what to do if you are exposed to the virus.