May 13, 2020: An update from AllianceRx Walgreens Prime regarding COVID-19
May 13, 2020
As a new normal emerges across the globe with regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19), AllianceRx Walgreens Prime continues to focus on providing medicine and support to the patients we serve. We are equally committed to helping ensure the safety of our team members who work to provide these important and life-saving medications.
Serving our patients
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime’s patient web page outlines important information on COVID-19 and tips for accessing needed medication. Specialty pharmacist Renee Baiano offers “Helpful COVID-19 prevention advice.”
• For fast and easy access to prescription management, we encourage patients to go online. Helpful digital tools like text and email notifications are available to provide status updates and online self-serve capabilities.
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime’s clinical programs and counseling to specialty patients are also available online. These programs allow specialty patients to monitor changes in health, especially when they cannot get into the doctor. Our programs are tailored to each disease state and drug. We are available 24/7 by phone or online to answer patient questions about their health and COVID-19.
• Based on a patient’s insurance coverage and prescription status, ordering a prescription through home delivery to get a 90-day supply is quick, easy and shipping is free. Patients may order by visiting alliancerxwp.com/home-delivery or call us at 877-787-3047.
• For specialty patients, our job is to make sure their needs are met with highly personalized care, evidenced by our 93 percent patient satisfaction. Our pharmacists are all specially trained to help support them every step of the way, so they can concentrate on their health. For questions or more information, visit alliancerxwp.com/specialty or call us at 855-244-2555.
Protecting our team members
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime team members continue to comply with boards of pharmacy and federal, state and local policies, even if working from home. As states begin to lift stay-home or shelter-in-place orders, we are developing plans for team members to potentially return to our facilities at some point in the future. This work is dependent on any federal, state or local ordinances or requirements, and with the utmost concern for the safety of our team members.
• For onsite team members who dispense and ship prescriptions, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime continues taking all possible steps to prevent the potential spread of the virus, including facility zoning, health and temperature screenings, and the use of face masks. By wearing gloves, our fulfillment teams are taking extra precaution when it comes to handling medicine containers and shipping materials.
• We continue to follow all guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for health care facilities when a positive COVID-19 case has been onsite. This includes clearing the area, isolating at-risk individuals, appropriately communicating to team members, and deep cleaning.
Working with payers and other partners
• To help ensure our patients have access to needed medications, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime continues to work closely with our payer clients to align on refill restrictions like dynamic prior authorizations and advanced refills on specialty prescriptions.
• We continue to work with drug manufacturers and partners to assure we can meet the medication needs of our patients. We use multiple vendors and manufacturers to supply medication which helps reduce risks of shortages. The manufacturers for the top 20 prescriptions for specialty pharmacy have reported no issues, and we maintain a sufficient inventory of medicine that would be delivered via home delivery.
Supporting patient advocacy partners and relief efforts
• AllianceRx Walgreens Prime has partnered with patient advocacy organizations to educate patients about how to protect themselves from COVID-19, especially for patients coping with chronic or rare diseases. Most recently, we participated in “A Virtual Town Hall: Accessibility to Treatments During COVID-19.” This event was co-hosted by TS Alliance, Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Foundation, and Dravet Foundation. A video of the town hall is available to view.
Corporate Communications Manager