Specialty medications are prescribed to treat chronic, complex or rare conditions such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and hepatitis C. They’re typically different from traditional medications because they:
• Have special storage, temperature and handling requirements
• Are given by infusion, injection or taken orally
• Need to be taken on a strict schedule
• Cost more than regular medications
• Require close patient monitoring and ongoing support
• We’ll make sure your medication is shipped to you correctly so you’ll have what you need when you need it.
• We’ll help you learn how to take and store your medication and stay on schedule
• We’ll help you with insurance and work on your behalf to get prior authorization from your health plan when needed.
• We’ll help find financial assistance options when available.
• We’ll help you solve for any side effects you experience.
• We’ll be there when you need us, 24/7.
From the minute you start your specialty medication, we’re here for you—every step of the way.
Specialty prescriptions are now filled by AllianceRx Walgreens Prime. If you choose, you can have your medications shipped to your home, your office, or you may be able to now pick up all your medications at your local Walgreens pharmacy. If you’re filling other medications at Walgreens, you can manage all of your prescriptions from the same place online.